I wanted to add some independent floating tiles to the image. This proved to be much more difficult that I thought it would be. I will spare you the details, the bottom line is I have been modifying the program / algorithm all along. Experienced programmers know what happens when a program goes through a long series of modifications and enhancements without a cleanup and refactor step, it becomes fragile and unmaintainable. I am at that state now. Often a change does not have the intended results. Fortunately my program is just painting pixels on screen is it not controlling a life and death or even business critical situation.
I am pleased with this one, but I decided to skip several other similar images I had queue up. I plan on returning to this idea once I clean up the program and it does what I want it to do.